Thank you for your interest in joining the Forward Memphis team. We currently have an Associate Money Coach position available. View job description below. Please check back often for employment opportunities.
POSITION: Associate Money Coach
DOMICLE: Memphis, TN ACCOUNTABILITY: Operations Director
EMPLOYEE CLASSIFICATION: Part-time SALARY: $22-$30/hour
Forward Memphis is a collaboration of financial institutions, nonprofits, faith-based organizations, and corporations focused on ending generational cycles of payday lenders. We provide trusted hands-on coaching, sustainable solutions and access to grants and affordable loans with no credit checks.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
You will collaborate with clients to gain a complete financial picture and develop sustainable and agreed upon solutions following Forward Memphis’ core values. You will provide assistance to clients to help execute and maintain their financial plan.
- Communicate Forward Memphis process, answering questions and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Gather necessary financial data from clients to gain their complete financial picture.
- Use money coaching training methodologies to coach clients in a timely manner by phone and/or in-person.
- Develop and present sustainable solutions for clients, communicating the need of a consistent partnership with coach and client willingness.
- Provide hands-on assistance to clients to help execute their personalized plan.
- Assess complexity of cases for further processing; transitioning clients to long term coaching partners.
- Provide client progress updates and recommended next steps to Manager.
- Understand and adhere to Forward Memphis code of conduct policy.
- Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to Forward Memphis Core Values.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION
- A minimum of 1-year personal finance coaching experience. (i.e., personal banking, credit counseling, financial advisor, financial planner, etc.)
- A minimum of high school diploma/equivalent.
- Experience with budgeting tools such as excel or Google sheets
- Technical skills such as Microsoft Office, email, internet, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be multitask oriented with the ability to manage multiple client cases.
- Must successfully complete training
- Must pass a background check
- Spanish-speaking is a plus
Forward Memphis is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity of expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.